Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why I like India

There are so many wonderful things about India. Here are just a few.

1. It's super cheap. Ex: Four of us went out to lunch and had a big "South Indian Meal" and it was $2 for everyone. I also bought a few shirts for $2. Basically a bargain shoppers heaven. I had to be careful or I would be checking two backpacks on the way home.

2. Everyone is a vegetarian! So I never have to worry about trying to find something without meat in it. Yay!

3. They worship cows. So I could say, "holy cow!" And they would totally agree with me. Now my mom just has to find a place where they worship balls and she will fit right in. (like basketballs and baseballs people! Get your minds out of the gutter!)

4. They have so many languages that pretty much everyone speaks English everywhere you go, so it's easy to get around.

5. It's really hot there! The temperature beats Minnesota any day. Except maybe in the summer...

6. Divorce is pretty much unheard of. So is adultery, believe it or not. The hitch (pun intended) is that they pick your spouse for you, but hey, who wants to go through that whole crazy dating business? I sure don't. I'm waiting for my Indian husband to arrive 4-6 weeks after I return to the states.

7. The people are soooooooo nice! Especially Meera and Veena and thier whole family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marla, i will begin looking for a suitable husband for you. with any luck, i'll have one by the time you get home.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Holy Balls!! i had the same great time when i was in India and i did check 2 bags on the way home. Meera and Veena, if you are reading, thanks for taking such good care of Marla!

Annette