Friday, November 7, 2008

Last Day in Romania

Okay, so I haven't blogged for awhile. I'm really sorry. I seriously haven't had a free second and access to the computer at the same time until now.



So, let's catch up. My last day in Romania I went to church and then hitched a ride back to Bucharest with a friend of Estera's named Adi. He was super nice and decided to take me to see a few sights on the way back to Bucharest so it wouldn't just be an uneventful trip. So first we drove to Brasov and saw the Black Church. It's a huge Lutheran (holla) church that is beautiful! There are two towers that can be climbed to get a view of the city and the church and we climbed both the black and white towers to see the church and city and also to look at the artifacts they have inside the tower museum. It was really beautiful and the town was really cute. The town square had a cute fountain and the different views of the church were just lovely. After Brasov we headed to Sinaia. There we saw the beautiful royal palace. It was getting dark by then, but it was still absolutely beautiful. After that we headed to Bucharest. The traffic was horrible on the way in. It was Sunday night and everyone was heading home from their holiday homes in the country. Once in Bucharest we quickly drove by the Parliament House, which is huge and gorgeous and apparently has a swimming pool in the basement for all employed there to swim in, which is super cool. We also saw Bucharest's response to Paris' Arc de Triomphe. And then we stopped quickly by Adi's parent's Christian book store. He opened it up special for me so I could get some things. I felt pretty VIP. And it was super nice of Adi to take me sightseeing for the day and give me a lift to Bucharest.

Finally, we arrived at the place I was staying for the night. Remember Theodora? The lady I met on the train from Budapest to Bucharest? Well, I was in touch with her during the week in Romania and she invited me to come and stay with her in Bucharest! :-) I thought it was so cool that I met her a week ago on the train and I already got to visit her! I was so lucky to have ended up in the same compartment as she. I felt bad because Theodora had been waiting all day for me to arrive. The traffic really held us up, so I didn't get there until late. But she had dinner all prepared for me and I got to meet her super cute dog, Dolly. Theodora even prepared a lunch for me for the next day. :-) She's so sweet! I had a wonderful night's sleep and got up really early to get ready to head to the airport. But as I was packing I made a startling discovery. I had left my coat in the back of Adi's car!!!! What was I going to do? South Korea is going to be freezing. I needed that coat! I tried to get ahold of Adi, but couldn't, and I had pretty much come to terms with freezing to death when finally I got a text message saying that he would meet me at the airport with the coat. Whew! I would be roasty toasty after all. So Theodora dropped me off at the airport, I bid farewell to my new Romanian friend, and I waited for my flight. Adi brought me my coat and even hung around with me while I waited to check my luggage. And then I discovered that my flight was delayed 2 hours, so I sat in the airport, wishing I had slept in 2 hours longer, until finally I checked my luggage and headed off to the next adventure. Romania was beautiful and amazing and I had a really lovely time there with all the wonderful people that I met.

2 comments:

Adi Miu said...

What I`m sorry .. is that I don t use my foto camera on you. . . Happy Heart! We miss your smile :)




http://www.adimiu.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I take it Adi is the guy with the camera! Again, this is what happens when I look at the pictures before I read!