Friday, October 17, 2008

A wonderful time in Hungary.

My last two days in Hungary were wonderful. After I spoke to the 12th grade class, one of Sarah's students came up to me to see if I had tried some of the local Hungarian food. I hadn't had the things he was talking about, so after school, Tamas and Balint, two of Sarah's students, took us to get Langos and Palincsinta. It was delicious! And super fun to eat typical Hungarian food. Tamas and Balint were really fun. We walked around town, stopped at the tea house, walked to the river, and just chatted about life in Hungary and the U.S. They even helped me get stamps for some postcards and also reserve my seat on the train from Budapest to Bucharest. What nice young men!



Today Sarah and I are heading to Budapest to see some things there before I head to Romania tomorrow. I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog next, but I'll do my best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marla, just a note to say "hello." How cool that you are traveling the world. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Hope everything's all right. My e-mail is: b21590@gmail.com
Greetings from Győr!