Friday, October 3, 2008

Italy!!!

I did see the airport in Rome, but I always say just being in the airport on a layover doesn't actually count as having been to the country. So now I actually have been to Italy!! Basically, we got off the train, ordered gelati, I spilled it all over my leather wallet from Frankfurt, and then we left. :-) The gelati was really yummy though! And the weather was so warm in Italy. I loved it! We walked up and down the streets of Tirano a little, but there was barely anything there. So I bought a postcard from a little souvenier stand, wrote and mailed it from Italy, and then we hopped on our bus for our drive through the top of Italy. It was a three hour drive across the top of the boot. We were basically in a valley the whole time with vineyards covering the hills on either side of us. The real beauty came when we drove by Lake Como. It definitely beats Lake Como in Minnesota. And Lake Lugano was next, which was gorgeous as well. And then we arrived in Lugano, and we were back in Switzerland. I'll definitely have to get to the rest of Italy some day.

No comments: