Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quimper, France

I am finally staying in the same place for a few nights!!! I am visiting my friend Sophie, her husband Ben, and their adorable son Raphael in Quimper (10 mins from the Atlantic Ocean in the West of France.) It is near a city called Brest. And yes, it is pronounced exactly as you would think. I just thought I'd mention it. I won't be seeing Brest while I'm here and I won't be posting any pictures of Brest...

Anyway, I just got here last night. The train was an hour late getting in, which apparently never happens. But of course I was on the train so I was not in the least surprised. :-) I had a whole day of traveling yesterday. I left Luxembourg at 8 am on the train, sat in the train station in Paris until 3 because there were no more seats left for Eurail pass holders on the noon train. I had a French Bagette sandwich for lunch and finished my book, 80 Dates Around The World by Jennifer Cox, which I would highly recommend, it was hilarious! I arrived in Quimper at 8:45pm and saw my friend Sophie! I was so happy to see her and know that I was staying for 5 nights at her lovely home! She is 7 months pregnant and is an extremely cute pregnant lady with a cute little belly. :-) Her son Raphael is absolutely adorable (see photos) with huge blue eyes, a gorgeous smile, and the sweetest disposition. Ben and Sophie are very hospitable and they are a very cute couple. You can tell they are in love just by the way they look at each other and interact. And they are both very good at English (which is necessary because my french is nonexistant.) "Bon-Jure! Jew-mop-L Marla." "Bagette See-voo-play, mare-see!" Yeah...no bien. It is fun to see them speak English to each other. It must be odd for them.

They are feeding me very well. I probably won't fit into my pants after all the bread and cheese. We went to the beach today and it was lovely. I am really enjoying it here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marla,
You are in our thoughts and prayers as you tackle this awesome adventure you are on. Keep your eyes open and enjoy everything (even the bad things because at least you are able to have this experience of a lifetime. We miss and love you very much.
P.S. Say hi to Sophie and family from us.
Love,
The Powell's

Anonymous said...

Hey Marla,

Why is that you did not take me along? I have been almost everywhere with you up until this point. Have fun anyway. I will miss you.

Teddy

Unknown said...

Hi Mars!

Glad things are looking up. Say hi to Sophie and everyone. You should send some pictures of her as an even exchange. Luxembourg looks awesome! You are lucky!

Love you
Justin

Unknown said...

Maboob should go to Brest.

Unknown said...

HI Marla,
I just visited your blog for the 1st time today...wow have I missed a lot. I pray the the days ahead are full of great surprises, lots of joy and no more tears & stress. I wonder what God has instore for you!!
Hugs,
Joyce