Monday, September 29, 2008

Switzerland

I will be blogging soon about Switzerland, but I just wanted to let everyone know that today I flew in a small 2 person glider plane over the Swiss Alps!!! I saw the Matterhorn up close from the air. And let me tell you, it is way cooler than the one at Disneyland. Although much colder, so the one in CA does have something going for it still. It was absolutely amazing! And tomorrow we're going on the Glacier Express to St. Moritz, which is a pretty ritzy town with some expensive shopping. I can't wait to say loudly, "Hmm Yesterday when I was gliding over the Alps I was really wishing I had an extra pair of fur mittens and a lovely new hat... Hmmmyyees." Stay tuned for pictures!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic trip you're having! Who was your travel agent?

Actually, I'm really amazed at the friends and acquaintances you have all over the world. In any case, I'm envious.

Of course, I recognized most everything in your Netherlands slide show - except that big metal curved building. What was that.

I'm glad you're having such a good time!

Take care,

TED